Do you remember the Flat Stanley Project? Where students would color a cut-out of Stanley and send him across the Nation on a tour with friends or relatives. The person receiving the Flat Stanley would take a picture with the cut-out doll and then send him back to the student, recounting Flat Stanley’s adventures along with the accompanying photo.
We are in the middle of a wild adventure with the NIV Illustrating Bible from DaySpring Two of the Illustrating Bible are traveling throughout the United States, making stops at individuals homes for journaling. Much like the Flat Stanley Project, this tour is exciting, fun and bringing joy to all who participate.
What makes it more exciting than Flat Stanley is that we’ve add the element of journaling with Jesus!
So far, there have been eighteen stops in twelve states. Whoot! Whoot!! Pages have been completed by individuals, moms and daughters, grandmas and granddaughters, and a Bible journaling group from the First Congregational Church of North Brookfield, Ma. Here’s a complete list of the States the Bible’s have traveled through; Texas, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, California, Colorado, and Kansas.
Once the Bibles have completed their Nationwide adventure, we will auction them off as fundraiser for Insight Women’s Center in Lawrence, KS.
1. I understand that The Illustrating Bible is not my personal property.
2. The Bible is to remain in my custody for NO MORE THAN 4 DAYS. (Day 1: Receive, Day 2/3: Create, Day 4: Send Out)
3. Mod-Podge (or similar products) will NOT be used within the pages of this Bible. Any wet mediums (ie. paint, stamp ink, adhesive etc) should not bleed through the pages and should be completely dry before the Bible is closed and shipped.
4. All entries must remain within the borders of the page. (ie- no tabs, paper/binder clips, bows or overhanging pieces)
5. After I have completed a page entry, I will post my picture, name and location on the Nationwide Illustrating Bible Adventure Facebook page.
6. The shipping box is to be reused for each trip of the Bible. It should be opened and re-sealed with care. Post Office labels will cover the previous labels.
7. If I am ever unable to complete the 3 step process, I will notify The Illustrated Bible Adventure team prior to receiving the Bible.
8. No bookmarks, pocket pages, or tip-ins will be added.
9. Entries should be as flat as possible (remember Flat Stanley). Foam tape, pop-up dots should not be used, if possible.
10. All parts of an entry should be secured to the page with no loose parts/piece
We will never share your information, we just want to stay in-touch.
Copyright © BridgitSmith.com
Created by FlyingPigfactory.com
Get notified about new articles